Good afternoon! I hope you're in the mood for some spice and throwing random things in a pot. That's what dinner was on Monday night -- starting with a basic dal and adding some extras as I went along.
Dal with Cherry Tomatoes and Shrimp
For two, served with wholemeal pita bread (two for him, one for me).
- 1 onion, chopped
- Phil's secret curry paste*
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 cups veg stock
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups cooked and peeled shrimp
- handful fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
- Soften the onion in some olive oil. Add the curry paste* and stir until all the onions are coated.
- Add the lentils and the veg stock. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and and shrimp and stir in until everything is heated up.
- Serve with a coriander garnish and some pita.
Lesson learned: dal is so versatile. I definitely want to experiment with mix-ins and make it the new oatmeal for bloggers. LOL.
*It's a secret, but Phil came up with it himself. Maybe I'll let you in on it one day :)