when you're hosting people for dinner and you definitely want to serve a homemade dessert, consider this one. all you need is the time to peel and chop a whole bunch of fresh apples and some storebought granola. yes i said storebought -- hey when you are short on time and are cooking a big dinner for 4, homemade granola is out of the question!
easy apple cobbler
this could also be made with peaches or nectarines or pears instead, depending on what's in season.
- 12 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 gups granola
- preheat the oven to 350F/gas mark 4.
- combine the fruit with the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- spoon into a shallow baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling.
- take out of the oven and spread the granola on top. return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- pour out excess liquid, serve hot and top with ice cream.
lesson learned: even though i've made this dessert many many times, i've never used homemade granola. chalk it up to laziness.