what were friday evenings made for if not to enjoy a refreshing drink after work? this past one was absolutely no exception, and i was treated to a fabulous caipiroska by phil (one great mixologist if i do say so myself). he made this for me during my first visit to london over a year ago and it used to be our favourite cocktail. it had been a while since he'd mixed one up for me, and since we had a few limes in the flat, friday was the perfect time to bring it back.
enjoy responsibly ;)
- juice of 3 limes (1/2 lime saved for wedge garnish)
- 2 tbsp sugar mixed with a splash of boiling water
- 8 ice cubes
- double shot of vodka (grey goose, natch)
- juice the limes (saving a 1/2 to slice in wedges for your glass) and pour into cocktail mixer.
- boil up some water and mix the sugar in with the water to create a syrup. add to mixer.
- crush 8 ice cubes -- take your work stress out here.
- add to mixer, and pour in vodka. shake for 1 minute.
- pour into glass, and add lime wedges on top. drink up!