salt, chili powder (chili pepper, cumin, oregano, salt, garlic), dried garlic, flavourings (??), ginger, coriander seed, lemon peel, cinnamon, cumin, dried chilies, white pepper, green pepper, onion powder, star anise, pineapple powder (pineapple juice concentrate, maltodextrin, citric acid), jalapeno powder, cayenne pepper, cloves
PHEW. Not sure why they called it SEVEN spice now, but at least you can see how I couldn't possibly be bothered to make my own...
This recipe is from bbc's good food and the aforementioned mister Torode. I've watched too much Masterchef not to trust his judgment.
Roast Fish with Chickpeas & Ginger
Serves 2 hungry people! Serve with something green.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp thai 7 spice
- very large piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 white fish fillets (we used haddock)
- large handful cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Take a look here for the instructions.
Lesson learned: Leave the chili seeds in for extra spice, but not too much. The 7 spice blend is already fairly fiery.