This blogging breakfast phenomenon has a happy home in my kitchen and is a wonderful way to start the day. I mean really, who doesn't want to eat a cookie for breakfast? The real beauty of this bad boy is the number of possible combinations of flavours and ingredients. You can mix in whatever you happen to have in the fridge or pantry. Oh and by the way, it's vegan and requires no baking at all!
Here's my cookie from this morning. It's not the prettiest breakfast you ever saw, but it definitely has the potential to be the tastiest.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp nut butter (almond)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp protein powder (brown rice or hemp)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- splash of milk (almond, hemp, or coconut)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- The night before, mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl to make a thick, gooey, sticky mush.
- Spoon onto a dessert plate and smash down flat to form a round "cookie" shape.
- Put the plate in the fridge overnight and eat with a spoon the next morning!