cooking magazines have replaced music magazines for me. it's official. i used to obsess over the latest issue of spin or nme or paste. now it's all about delicious and olive and good food. i must be growing up. i found a yummy looking recipe for spicy crab pasta in the new issue of delicious the other day, but unfortunately they haven't added it to their website yet. this one for crab linguine closely resembles it though.
we're still working through the same packet of spelt tagliatelle that we used previously about two and a half months ago. it's huge! but it's such an awesome consistency once cooked. really creamy and smooth, never sticky.
so here we go - a simple recipe for two. although, phil doesn't like crab (FAIL) so his dish contained prawns. that was fine - more crab for me!
spicy crab, chili, and lemon pasta
adapted from the delicious mag recipe. mine's on the right, phil's prawn version is on the left.
- 2 servings of spelt tagliatelle
- 4 baby leeks, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 glass white wine
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 200g fresh crab meat or 1 small pack king prawns
- 2 handfuls wild rocket
- cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, drain well, then toss with a little olive oil.
- meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat, add the baby leeks and chili, and fry for 1-2 minutes. pour in the wine and bubble for 1-2 minutes or until reduced slightly. turn down the heat, add the lemon zest and juice and crab or prawns, and stir to combine.
- season to taste, then add to the cooked pasta along with the rocket and mix well. divide between 2 pasta bowls to serve.
lesson learned: eat more crab.