starting tomorrow (that's monday) i'll be attending my one-week course at leith's school of food and wine. the day has finally come! so i'm putting the word out right now that, while i plan on continuing my tradition of daily posts, please bear with me if they aren't lengthy or have a nice photo inside. i'll do my best to cover my experience at "school" but brief recaps may have to do. for any who are interested, no, i will not be using substitutions in any of the recipes i make at leith's. i've spoken with some of the staff and we've agreed it's best that i learn the recipes in their original form. i just won't be able to taste what i make if it contains any dairy or eggs or soy.
what i'm hoping to gain from this short course is:
- a greater understanding and appreciation of some essential cooking skills
- an introductory week of cooking that will prepare me for further studies next year (perhaps at the same school, perhaps not)
- ideas for allergy-friendly alternatives
- some friends (awwwwwwww...)
- and let's face it some DELICIOUS FOOD to bring home!
so... gonna rest up now for my big first day! talk to you manana :)