With no exciting new recipes to speak of and my head swimming with new knowledge about allergies and sensitivities (currently being studied), I'm afraid today's post is just a series of random updates. However, now that the weather is cooling off a bit, I think some baking is essential. so more food will appear soon! In the meantime, here's what I've been doing:
- Accompanying my husband to Manchester for part of the long Easter weekend to see some friends of his and attend a Man United game (my first time seeing a premier league match). While the game was a good result (Man Utd won), I was more interested in checking out the culinary delights of the city. We had fabulous meals both nights, Friday at chaophraya and Saturday at 1847 vegetarian bistro (formerly known as Detoxretox). Both had healthy options and accommodated restricted diets very happily. Good stuff.
- I also scored an extremely easy chocolate truffle recipe while in Manchester. While the original includes butter and double cream, I think I could adapt it to be healthy AND safe. It shall be my greatest challenge yet!
- Sunning myself on the lawn while listening to bauman lectures.
- Attending a talk by willie harcourt-cooze, in which he explained where the finest cacao grows and how it gets made into chocolate. All in front of a 50kg easter egg which he made in his chocolate factory.
- Planning a month-long journey to the States this summer. We're going to be driving across the country for part of it, staying in cities neither of us have been to before, including Chicago, Omaha, and Denver. Can't wait!
- Changing my name everywhere! It certainly helps to get used to a new signature when you're filling in hundreds of forms.
- Enjoying the beautiful weather with a picnic and a BBQ. And it's only April!
- Cooking salmon for dinner, first with spiced fruit & seed quinoa and some asparagus, next on the previously mentioned BBQ (along with some roasted veg and baked sweet potato)