For the month of April, I'm participating in the Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge from Wego Health. Each day I'll be writing a health-related post based on the HAWMC prompts, aiming to challenge myself as a writer and health activist. Thanks for following!
My dream day would be logistically impossible, but it's fun to dream all the same. Here's what I'm thinking:
- Wake up early and go for a sunrise walk with Phil on a Caribbean island somewhere, probably Grenada or Antigua.
- Once the sun has risen, head to my Dad's house for a breakfast feast. We sit out in the garden and listen to the birds chirping while we sip green tea and munch on some summer fruit.
- Say goodbye, then head to the beach with my Mom in Coronado. Lay down some towels, dip our toes in the ocean, and read stupid magazines, chatting to each other about the latest celeb gossip. We bring a big thermos of homemade strawberry lemonade and sip it to keep cool.
- Lunch finds us back in the Caribbean, sitting down at a beachfront restaurant with sand between our toes, while we eat barbecued barracuda caught that morning with some watermelon wedges and a zesty carrot salad. My best girlfriends from all over the globe join us for an after-lunch drink on the beach.
- In the afternoon, the girls and I go and explore the local town, buying hand-woven baskets and printed fabric to take home. We stop along the way for some cool drinks and take lots of pictures, documenting our precious time together!
- Back to the beach with Phil where we listen to music and lie in the sand, occasionally finding relief from the late afternoon heat in the sea.
- After a shower and a little primping, it's time to head out. My skin feels nicely warmed from the sun and my hair has that wavy texture only salt water can provide.
- We have a table booked for all of my family, Phil's family, and all of our friends ever (it's gonna be a big table) at The River Cafe in London. They've given us an outside table especially for the occasion and the weather has never been more perfect (told you this was a dream). We watch the sun go down with dinner.
- After we have the freshest Italian meal outside of Italy, we say goodbye to our parents and bring along all of our friends to a show at the Casbah in San Diego. Blur is headlining, Arcade Fire are supporting, along with Mason Jennings, Belly and Morrissey. (Let's call their managers!)
- We're all danced and rocked out, but before bed, one last drink on the beach with everyone and some sparklers to pretend we're kids again. It's still warm after midnight so we run around in the sand and splash each other in the waves.
- Magically transported home, I fall asleep next to Phil, hoping I can do it all again tomorrow.