In every family, there is a dinner that you can rely on when you're too tired or haven't planned ahead to make an elaborate meal. For us, it's this one.
Three ingredients, and it takes less than 15 minutes to pull together. Perfect for busy days and fussy kids. The Triple P is for Pasta, Peas, and grated Pecorino (although you could definitely use Parmesan instead, we just prefer Pecorino around here). Brilliant, right?
Pasta with Peas & Pecorino
- 1 package pasta (your choice! we generally cook brown rice pasta, and for this dish in particular I like using mini shells, since the peas fit nicely inside the shells, which is a bonus thrill for my toddler)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (or Parmesan)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- With 2 minutes left to cook, add the frozen peas to the pasta. Drain together.
- Toss with the grated cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well until the cheese melts. Serve warm!