One of the best feelings in the world is having a freezer stocked with ready-to-heat meals (okay just reading back that sentence makes me feel old). Sometimes you might WANT a home-cooked dinner but time won't allow it. Every week, I think I'll set my Sunday aside to do some freezer meal prep - get ahead and make life easier! But sometimes, it's Easter, or you're away all weekend, or it's a sunny day after months of grey and cold and you don't want to spend it indoors!
That's why this recipe is for you.
This is a freezer meal that takes 90 seconds to heat up and only 15 minutes to prepare ahead of time. 🙌
Makes 24 mini meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef (organic if possible)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I usually use gluten-free, but this is up to you)
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a mini muffin tin (24 mini muffin shapes). To make this even easier, use a cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. By hand is best to get everything well mixed.
- Scoop out small balls of the meatball mixture and form into a small ball, then place in the muffin tin. You should have enough for 24 small meatballs.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Leave to cool COMPLETELY before removing from the tin.
- Place in a freezer-safe ziplock bag or tupperware and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to reheat, take out a few meatballs (we usually do 4-5 for one dinner for our two-year-old but you can certainly do more or fewer than this) and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. You can also reheat on the stovetop in a skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil for a few minutes until cooked through. Done!