As I write this, I'm on day 4 of the 2017 Renewal Cleanse and feeling GOOD. It takes a few days of adjustment every time (especially in early January, coming out of the holidays and general winter overindulgence) but it's always worth it when you get to the other side!
This time around, I've put together a program with all new recipes, and this is one I'm really excited about. Parsnips are so good at this time of year, but it can be tricky to find a way to make them delicious enough for the whole family to enjoy.
But fries? Fries are universal. Make any vegetable into a fry, and kids gobble them up. Case in point:
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled, woody core removed, and sliced into long thin strips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Toss the parsnips with the coconut oil. Place on 1-2 baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Turn your oven to broil and continue cooking until the parsnips turn golden brown. For me, this took about 4 minutes - but keep checking, as you don't want them to burn!